Friday, August 26, 2016

5 Tip To Enjoy The State Fair While Pregnant


As many of you know I am in my third trimester, 32 weeks 5 days to be exact. It is that time of year for the MN State Fair and I am a huge fan of it! I love going and getting my favorite foods that I can only get once a year!
My family goes every year, even when I had my daughter and she was only 1 month old I couldn't resist the fair. So of course I had every intention on going this year too even though I'm not only far in my pregnancy but also a huge wobbling momma! Even though I'm pretty much she-rah (according to my mom) I know that I still will have to take it easy since I am so close to being full term. So here are 5 things that definitely helped me enjoy myself at the fair while staying aware of my growing and sensitive body. 


Go The First Day Right At Opening
So my family already goes the first day at like 7 am every year and normally I'm not the hugest fan of going so early but it actually does really make a lot of sense. Plus it's perfect for a big pregnant girl such as myself who has a little bit more attitude than normal. When you go this early, the crowds are nonexistent. You don't have to worry about saying excuse me a million times or irritating rude people who bump into you and refuse to say excuse me or apologize. Rudeness is already a pet peeve of mine so as a emotionally unstable pregnant woman it is even worse! So I personally enjoy not having to deal with the crowds of rude people. Also you don't have to worry about extremely long lines. Pretty much everything I stood in line for was super quick! Another great perk of going early is that the fairgrounds them-self are clean. There hasn't been thousands of people who came before you and filled the garbage cans or set bombs in the bathrooms which is great because we pregnant women have super noses. So the only smells you'll be picking up is all the delicious foods! 

Wear Comfortable Clothing
I have really been rocking dresses all summer because they are just so comfortable for a growing belly! So of course I had to rock a summer dress to the fair too! Obviously for the main reason of comfort but also because it's just so simple and requires no maintenance. Just throw it on. I opted to a short dress because I want to first of all stay cool as much as possible but also because I don't have to worry about anyone stepping on a long maxi dress or it getting snagged on anything. Black is a must because for some reason I am much more prone to somehow ending up with my food on my boobs or belly (does anyone else have this problem??) Lastly I definitely recommend wearing tennis shoes. I have been very fortunate to not have any swelling so far this pregnancy and being that the fair requires lots of standing and walking, it is best to have the most comfortable shoes possible, I feel like that helps with not swelling. I chose to wear my favorite most comfortable shoe Nike Roshe Runs. These are so comfortable I wear them all the time, I'm naturally really in to walking, such as walking around the lake and what not and these shoes are definitely my number one go to when I'm doing a lot of walking. Comfort is key!


Sit As Much As Possible
To avoid being uncomfortable or sore, I say as much as I possibly could. While my family waited in line for something I didn't want I would find a seat instead of waiting in line with them. Most people are courteous to pregnant women and will get up or make room for you to sit so finding seating really shouldn't be a problem. No benches around? I don't mind sitting on the curb, yea it might take a little extra to get up but you gotta do what you gotta do.


Bring Tons Of Water
I totally forgot to buy a pack of waters (pregnancy brain) so I filled up every water bottle I could find in my house and placed them in the fridge the night before. I also froze one so that as it melted I could sip on it and add water to it when the ice block melted smaller. I have to keep cold water on my at all times so of course the fair is no different. Yes you can buy water from at any vender but I personally would rather spend my money on all food instead of a bunch of water. Fortunately we have a Culligan vendor that gives out free water from their filters so we made many stops to that too! So check to see if your fair has any free water resources!


Don't Over Do It
It is so easy to over do it at the fair, especially when you mix food and pregnant women together! I literally wanted to eat everything but one of my unfortunate symptoms of this pregnancy has been cramping when I eat too much and move around to much. So stuffing my face was not the absolute best idea even though everything was calling my name. Eat within your means. If your vendor has different sizes, opt for the smallest size or maybe split something with a friend or family member. That way you can eat a lot but still have a sense of portion control. You won't miss out on anything but will still be able to not go out of control. I shared food with my daughter since she's only 3 she has a small stomach so splitting food saved money and allowed us to try a lot of yummy foods! If you do feel yourself getting full, take a break and go watch some of the many entertainment things available at the fair, or maybe walk around the merchandise building or vendors. If you have kids you could take them to the rides too or to play games. There is so much other things to do other than eating!

I hope these tips help all my fellow pregos out there, and even if your not pregnant most of these tips if not all are great for anybody! I know I had a super fun time and I can't wait for next year. The countdown begins!!

What is your favorite way to enjoy the State Fair?

SHARE:

32 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice! I love summer traditions like these. We don't have State Fairs in Canada obviously but the Canadian National Exhibition is on right now and I can't wait to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds fun! I want to visit Canada some day!

      Delete
  3. You are the most adorable mama! So happy you had a great time! I need to take my Bubba somewhere fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family are so adorable...such a stylish pregnancy too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your pregnancy. You look amazing! I've always been wanting to go to a State Fair. Maybe I could take my family there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's incredible! I commend you for this, you look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be

      Delete
  7. So glad you got to go and did this for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tips! I think these could apply to anybody, not just pregnant women.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to have tips that really can be used by everyone!

      Delete
  9. Great advice! I feel like being comfortable and hydrated is key. I'm not pregnant but I could definitely benefit from following these tips too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize that my tips really can work for anybody! Glad you enjoyed!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your pregnancy. You and your family are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are good tips! I'm not sure I could have done that so far along but going early and sitting often helped, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely, I was really able to enjoy myself

      Delete
  12. Great advice. I'm not even pregnant and I'm taking your advice! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I should have gone to the fair this summer hopefully there's another before it gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great tips, I can eat fries all day lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't been to a state fair in years. Only reason I want to go now is the food! Mmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right the food is so good. I'm so close to going again!

      Delete
  16. Totally not pregnant and I want to eat everything anyway lol! You have to have the cutest bump ever! I also agree that going on the first day is best if you want to avoid the crowds and grossness.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template Created by pipdig